Thursday, January 31, 2013

5 Hearts Sent, 5 Hearts Received!


Oh me! Oh my! As I was leaving to go pick D#2 up from school yesterday, I noticed my mailbox bulging so much that the door wouldn't close. Curious I stopped the truck and walked to the mailbox to retrieve the mail of the day. Guess what was in there?? The heart swap envelope from Debby of Cozy Blanket!!! It was all I could do not to race to that car line so that I could tear gently open the envelope and see all of my hearts!    
Look:

5 hearts sent, 5 hearts received!


Look at this most adorable heart! Thank you, Linda! I love all the handwork that went into it. The seed beads look like icing! I also love the diamond in the middle. This wonderful little gem was made by Linda of Lutka and Co. I love it, Linda! It was made to look like a Licitar heart, which looks kind of like a cookie but made out of honey dough. Take a look on her blog (lutkaandco) , she explains it beautifully and even has a tutorial on how to make the felt heart!

Look at Laura's (Vintage Betty's) heart!! Could it not be any more cuter. I love that she transferred some vintage Valentines onto the heart. I have wanted to know how to transfer photos/scans onto fabric for years! The scooter little girl is perfect. Santa brought D#2 a scooter for Christmas and she has been scooting all over the house, every day since Christmas. Don't you just love the tinsel around the heart? I love it, Laura, thank you so much! So adorable! 

What amazing patience Sandie (RetroSandie) has!! All of those tiny little seed beads have been hand sewn on! This heart is so beautiful and sparkly, just like Sandie herself! I love it, Sandie! Sandie is always creating the most cute stuff and showing us on her blog and this is no exception! Thank you so much, Sandie!

This sweet felt heart was made by Debby (Cozy Blanket). The nest and eggs are just perfect! Spring is right around the corner and I can leave this on my craft room tree until Summer. Thank you! The nest looks so real. I have never seen one stitched like this-look at the detail. The pearls make perfect eggs! I love it! Thank you so much, Debby, for organizing this wonderful swap! I have had a blast!

This wonderful heart uses two of my favorite papers! Vintage books and vintage sheet music! I absolutely love the detail on this wonderful heart. I love it, Penny! It took me a while to open it, I love the packaging too! For a little while I thought that I might display it in the packaging, but I did want to fluff out the heart..... I also love the vintagey ribbon and wanted to show it off. So, open it I did. It is so cute and I am not sure how you made the hearts so perfect!?! Thank you for sharing this beautiful paper craft with me. Penny's blog is At Home in English Valley. Doesn't that sound like a peaceful place?

Here is my Valentine tree. It is filling up and not looking so bare. When I took all of the Christmas ornaments off, I was worried that it would look sad. But, it looks wonderful to me now! I am going to leave it up for Easter then 4th of July and I guess for Fall/Halloween too! And then it is back to Christmas. I guess this is the tree that never takes up storage space! 
I had so much fun with this wonderful swap. I hope that each one of these talented new friends realize how much I am going to treasure each heart that I received. Every time I see their heart I am going to think of them and how grateful I am that I got a chance to "meet" them and how it probably wouldn't have happened without the internet and blogging and of course Debby. So....blog on my dear hearts and don't forget to make something crafty today!
Holly

5 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed seeing everyones creations each so different but all just so pretty ! I love those felted mice that you sold in your shop, so stink'n cute ! xoxo Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks so pretty!!! :) I'm glad you liked the heart I made. I love your handmade characters that you create....I'm planning on making a few things in the near future, thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute hearts you got!! Your tree is so pretty!! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, Your tree is so beautiful! You have lots of room for all your beautiful crafts and these wonderful hearts. What talent! I waited for a peek at the polka dots, I'll be back again!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to receive one of your amazing hearts in Debby's Heart Swap!!! I just love it!! Thank you so very much

    chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.