Thursday, January 10, 2013

Somebunny Loves You!

 
Son is home from school sick today so I am going to make this a quick post.
Don't you just love bunnies? With their cute wiggly noses and long soft ears. Well... I just couldn't wait until Easter to share this cute little guy. He is a trinket box character but could easily become an ornament.
 
Hi!
 
His banner says "Somebunny loves you!". He practiced his letters all day in preparation of making the banner. He did get a few letters backwards, but that's ok, he did it himself!  

Cute little pom pom tail. Made the same way that my pom pom birds are made. I used a fork to wind the yarn around instead of my fingers. This makes a much smaller pom with less waste.

 
I did use the hot glue to glue his stick to the top of the trinket box. This was much quicker than waiting for the white glue to dry. The top of the box was also glittered to look like snow.

Here's a pom pom bird ready to deliver a Valentine.

The tutorial for the pom pom bird is here. If the link doesn't work (blogger issues) it was in the October 25, 2012 post.
The pattern for Somebunny. Please note that I forgot to draw the gusset for the leg. It is the same as all the others. Just use one from one of the other characters. Bunny body is made the same way as the other felty trinket boxes, just add the ears to his head as you stitch. I did use lady makeup blush for his ears, cheeks and the bridge of his nose. His eyes are french knots made from two strands of brown embroidery floss. The floss was also used for his nose.
I hope that you enjoy making this sweet little bunny for somebunny special!
 
Have a wonderful and crafty day,
and remember if you have any questions on constructing him please don't hesitate to leave a comment,
Holly

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love him! He's so sweet and cute! You do such amazing work!! :) Hope your son is feeling better! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Holly, thank you for asking about my silly son. He gave me such a scare. I thought it was the flu (he refused the flu shot this year & I just didn't get mine in time-shame on me) but this morning he woke up all better :) Thank goodness, because he has semester tests next week. Thank you for such sweet comments. I can always count on you to make my day! Have a wonderful afternoon, Holly

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I love your blog, it is so sweet. And your ATCs are just adorable. Have a wonderful day! Holly

      Delete
  3. Super cute!

    If you don't have makeup, you can also use chalk for the coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and what a great tip! I will have to get some colored chalk. Is that the scrapbooking chalk or writing chalk? Have a wonderful day, Holly

      Delete
  4. EAK! A Side by Side Holiday! And me waiting for white felt to come in the mail. Yipes! I hope you will let me know if you like the type of Valentines I will be sending you, (posted on my blog today plus other similar ones). If you don't care for girly ones, other categories are dogs, travel,clowns, or a variety of ones from the 1940's. All unused!) I wanted you to have first choice as I am so thankful for your lovely patterns and also for my wonderful gifts. I love my quilted banner! Have a great weekend. E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the title "Side by Side Holiday"! Lol about the white felt. I need to send an order soon. St Patty's day is coming and I don't have a green I like. Don't you just the wool felt from Joggles. I wish everyone would buy their felt, it makes the projects looks so much better. A very big Thank you to you for sending me their way. I would have never bought from them if it wasn't for you. I think that the beatiful felt makes all of my "felty friends" really look neat and polished

      I love the Valentines that you picked out for me! The girls are so cute and you found unused ones! Wow...that's a find. I so glad that you like my patterns. I enjoy sharing them so much! It is so fun. I am very happy that you love the banner. I just love your saying "as cute as can be"! I do owe my craftroom funness to you. You taught me to express myself, and who cares what other people think. Make what comes from your heart, don't cater to others. Thank you so much!! My husband (finally), no longer hollers thoughout the house for me, he automatically comes to my craftroom first before anywhere else :)
      I am so glad that I signed up for Debby's heart swap, maybe we will be in the same swap. Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm! Holly








      Delete
  5. Ohhhhhhhh - between you and Elizabeth, I think I will just have to try felt art! Oh, my goodness - your blog is just the cutest! And that wee little doggy delivering a valentine is just tooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These puppet are looking very charming..travel food for dogs

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the most precious patterns!! Thank you for sharing them with us!! You are very talented! I am making several of these for my darling family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.