Saturday, January 12, 2013

Little Mr. Love Bug and His Valentine

 
Whew.....taking a much needed break from putting up Christmas decorations. I do love to leave the snowmen out just a little longer. They will be boxed up sometime in March. I also love to leave out some red and white, at least through Valentine's Day. Speaking of Valentine's, here's another fun trinket box for you to make.
He is assembled like all of the other characters, except for his arms and legs. They are pipe cleaners. Don't cut the pipe cleaner keep it the full length. To add the arms just insert the pipe cleaner between the stitches near the neck and push through. After the arms are in place, bend the ends of the pipe cleaner to form little hands. And then bend the elbows. Do the same thing for the legs, bending the pipe cleaner into a "V" shape before you insert it between stitches. His antennas are about 1 1/2"
long.
Trinket box painted, ric rac trim added and little hearts cut out of paper.
 
 
Valentine desk. A happy place to think, draw, and design.




The craft room is a buzz with Valentine, the rest of the house is still Christmasy. As Elizabeth says, "Side by Side holidays". I love it.
 
 
This sweet little couple started my crocheting adventures. I wanted my father in law (yes he knows how to crochet-cute story I will share another day) to make them for me, but he told me that if I wanted them I would have to make them myself. Oh boy! Do I dare to learn this complicated looking craft? I wanted them so badly that yes, it was worth it. I love to crochet now!
I contacted the company to see if it was copyrighted because I wanted to share it with you. But, it is still under copyright protection. The company was so sweet in their reply. I can tell you the company and pattern number so that you may contact them to purchase it. I will do that tomorrow, I am too lazy  tired to go back upstairs to get it. I will let you know in this post right under the snowman/woman photo.
 
Tomorrow, time to get busy. We will conquer the trees. As much as I would love to keep Christmas  around for a while, it must go :(
Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to keep your hands busy,
Holly

9 comments:

  1. Hi Holly,

    Between you and Elizabeth(creative breathing) I can't keep up. Sadly, I still haven't finished the shakers only because I have vowed to finish a cross-stich series that has been part of my NY resoultions for the last (head hanging in shame) 10 years. I wish I could crochet, it looks so complicated though. What is that just next to your shakers on the 3rd picture down? It looks like a snowman faced doll? The face is so sweet!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a cute story about your father-in-law. I definitely want to hear the rest. Gosh, I keep putting off making my paper clay ornaments because I keep seeing your wonderful things to make. The faces of your characters had me looking deep in my files for something they remind me of, my Around the World Ornaments which then made me think we need to have an Ornament Club. I'll create a post soon with my own theme, Dutch Christmas. You inspire more than I can say! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth, yes, the story is very funny. I will have to post it soon :) Around the World Ornaments!?! That sounds so adorable. I can't wait to see your post. An ornament club would be so much fun! Have a very crafty day today, Holly

      Delete
  3. OOh OOh, I am interested in what Elizabeth says above about an ornament club!! That sounds like fun!!
    Anyhoohoo, your Love bug is so cute! You have made some real cuties! I also like those crocheted snowmen. You Valentine desk and red cutain with hankie girls looks absolutely beautiful!!!! Fantastic job!!
    Hugs, Sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandie, I can't wait to see what Elizabeth means by ornament club! Sounds like loads of fun to me! Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I am so glad that you found the post on how to make the hankie girls. They are truly a snap to make:) Have a wonderful crafty day, Holly

      Delete
  4. You and E. have me in awe with your creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debby, Thank you! Your comment made my day! I can't wait to send you my hearts. I just have one more thing to add and then they are off to you! Can't wait! Have a crafty day, Holly

      Delete
  5. Hi Holly, I will send you a set of images. No one asked for them. So glad you have a globe. You will absolutely love this project. Truly, the figures look as though they came with the globe. The images are already in an envelope; so I don't know which ones I am sending you. I hope you can make them work! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth, I am so lucky! Those images are so adorable! I can't believe that no one else asked for them. I felt a little greedy asking you for them because you have given me so much already so you have eased my fears. No greedy feeling anymore :) I can't wait to add them to my globe. That project is so cute, you will have to share a picture of it displayed in your craft room-no hurries I know that right now is a very busy time for you. I have so many projects in various stages, it's crazy! Have a wonderful day, Holly

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.