Friday, November 2, 2012

RUN, RUN, As Fast As You Can!

 
 
 
I have love the story of the Gingerbread Man for as long as I can remember, except the ending where the sly fox eats him. Boohoo.... Well, here is a version that the old sly fox will not want to eat. He is made out of felt.
 
He is made the exact same way that the Snowman is made. Of course the exception being use brown felt and you will need tiny ric rac and to paint the trinket box brown. I added more ric rac to the bottom of trinket box.
 

I didn't sew that teeny, tiny, reading glasses needed ric rac. I used glue. HINT: squirt a tiny amount of glue (dime size) onto a plastic top. I use any top available, you ought to see my mod podge top. Now use a needle to apply the glue onto the ric rac. If you will premeasure your ric rac and cut it before you apply the glue things will go smoother, just sayin'. I have a trick to keep ribbon and ric rac from unraveling. I will share it with you tomorrow. It is the way most professionals seal the ribbon. It will have a nice crisp finished look. Stay tuned :)

Gingy Boy

Gingy with his friend Mr. Snowman.


 
Have a wonderful and great Friday! And keep those 10 fingers busy and make little Gingy Boy!
Holly
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these are too cute!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend too! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Holly! You have given me so many cute things to make! I can't wait to make the shakers and snowman box. I can't tell you enough how enjoyable it is to see your delightful work come about. Keep on creating because I am loving everything! PS I hope it is okay if I pin these to my Pinterest. I want everyone to know about you! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth, Of course you may pin them :) I am so glad you like them. I can't wait to make some of your things for my craftroom. It is "sew" much fun!! Happy Crafting, Holly

      Delete
  3. I love your creations, they are precious! I'm the newest follower of your blog, can't wait to see more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah, glad you could stop by! Thank you so much for your sweet comments. Have a wonderful night! Holly

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this. It was PERFECT for a swap I'm doing. I hope he recipient loves it and checks out your blog to see all the other cute things you've come up with (of course, I included the pattern in the package along with a link to your blog!).

    I'll be posting some pics of my version (soon) on my blog.

    Thanks thanks thanks for sharing. I loved making this cute gingerbread man and sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I am so glad that you made the gingerbread man. I can't wait to see it! I love sharing the patterns and am so excited when someone lets me know that they made one of my characters. Happy Crafting and have a wonderful day! Holly

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.