Monday, March 25, 2013

A Swap, A Parade and A Shaker

Look at the adorable banner! Debby of Cozy Blanket coordinated a Spring swap and then she made the swaps into a banner. It is so cute above my Easter Parade.

Easter Parade


Adorable bunny by Debby (Cozy Blanket). Thanks Debby! And I do think he looks like a Suzy's Zoo. Sweet paper duck by Jane (AraliaJane). I love the gingham paper! And tiny pom poms. Thanks Jane! 

Cutie pie bunny by Carol (Arts and Sand). I love how he seems to be leaping across my craft room. Thanks Carol! PS her stitches are so tiny! Look at this sweetest little wreath by Michelle and Ashley (The Tattered Quilt Cottage). 

A closer look because it is such a wee little wreath! And a tiny little bee! Thanks Michelle and Ashley! 

And look at this adorable prim bunny! He is in a packet of carrot seeds! So fun and cute. I have put him in my dining room on the pie safe. He feels right at home there. He was made by Penny (At Home in English Valley). Thanks Penny!
These ladies are one talented bunch! I am so thrilled at all of the bunnies, ducks and bees that I received. You can tell that each one is a true labor of love! I am going to proudly display this banner & bunny seed packet year around in my craft room. Thank you again ladies! 

Here's the little duck that I sent. The two rules: make 5 and it had to be something that reminds you of Spring. He also had a felt half egg that I placed him in. I made the egg also. He is about 2 1/2" tall, that doesn't include his feather tuft.
I hope that you enjoyed looking at Debby's Spring Swap! She has pictures of all the swap items at Cozy Blanket.
Thanks Debby! I had a blast!


Here's a close up of the Easter Parade.


Since everyone else had a Grand Marshall of their Parade, I figured that mine needed one too. Poor thing. She started out like this:
In pieces and with just her undies on >:0


Glue, fabric,tulle ,ribbon and flowers later and we have a well dressed Grand Marshall with an Easter Bonnet! She feels beautiful now.


Lamb shaker. Spring or Easter Lamb Shaker.
I used a material that looks like shaggy fur on her. I bought it at Hobby Lobby. It is real slippery and the back is kind of silky. I call it fun fur.

Make the shaker out of plain felt first. Then cut out the fun fur circle and glue it onto the felt on the side that you will be using for the face. Since this material looks like it would be hard to work with I thought that just gluing a circle of it onto the front of the shaker would be the easiest thing to do.

After letting the glue dry, trim the fur face so that you will be able to glue the actual face on. I trimmed it all the way down to the silky material. 


Palmer Bunny and Lamb
Glue the ears on. I used Elizabeth's (Creative Breathing) tutorial for the felt flower necklace. I think that she looks so much sweeter with the flowers around her neck. If you don't want to make flowers a ribbon bow would be just as cute.
*Don't forget for the head, cut 2 from felt and 1 from fun fur.

Have a wonderful day and please share if you have joined in on the Easter Parade, I would love to come visit,
Holly



25 comments:

  1. What a fun swap!! All the ladies did such a nice job! I'm always amazed at the talent!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris,
      The ladies did out do themselves. I was so glad that I decided to join them. This was only my second swap so I was a little hesitant. Have a wonderful day, Holly

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, you girls with your Easter parades... you are so AMAZING and creative!! So much inspiration in one post! I love that little yellow duck (or is it a chick?) with the feather on top. ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since we are having such a fun time with the Easter Parades we just might have to make this reoccurring, such as a 4th of July Parade, Halloween Parade, etc-lol. Oh sorry, he is a duck. Thanks for the slip I will go and label him :) Have a wonderful day, Holly

      Delete
  3. This was a lovely Easter Parade!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Guess we can thank Shirley for starting the Easter Parade craze-lol. It is something fun to do with all of those adorable planters we love to collect. Have a wonderful day, Holly

      Delete
  4. Holly you have a lovely Easter parade!! I just love your adorable creations!! :) :) Easter Hugs! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly!
      I love the crochet rabbit that you blogged about. Hopefully I can squeeze him in before Easter. If not, he will be a spring bunny. Have a wonderful day, Holly

      Delete
  5. Your parade is darling, and I love that shaggy lamb shaker.....wish I could do better sewing with my hands, but they're getting really bad lately. Can't seem to hold on to anything for long, I tell my mom I must have "Dropsy"....remember that term? Maybe not, you're definitely much younger than me. Thanks for stopping by.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meri,
      I am so glad that you liked the lamb. She was so fun to make and I love the way the fur turned out. So sorry that your hands are acting up. That's no fun when hands hurt. I have heard of the "dropsies" before from my grandmother. Have a wonderful night, Holly

      Delete
  6. Love it all, cant wait to make myself some "shakers"
    Darly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I would love to see your shakers. Have a great night, Holly

      Delete
  7. Hi Holly, I just love your Easter Parade and all it's characters. I was lucky enough to receive one of your little chicks in his egg. Too sweet! Your lamb is so sweet. Is the face with details glued to the fur? I think the rose collar is just the perfect touch. What wonderful Easter crafts you have given us! I made your pink bunny, and he makes me laugh. The teeth are just too much! Have a wonderful week! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you like my duck/chick! On the lamb shaker, the fun fur is glued to the shaker and then the face is glued to the fun fur. Thanks for your tutorial on the roses. So glad that you made the bunny! Have a great night, Holly

      Delete
  8. Your Easter parade as adorable. Just love all of the stuff you create. Have a wonderful Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angela, thank you so much! I truly treasure your comment. I hope that you try your hand at some felty stuff. It is really a lot of fun! Have a wonderful night, Holly

      Delete
  9. I love the banner! Everyone did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura,
      So glad that you liked the banner. It was a lot of fun to put together and the Easter parade was a lot of fun too! Have a great night, Holly

      Delete
  10. Hi Holly,

    Yeah,I was hoping when you said you had one more Easter craft that it was a lamb shaker. I thought maybe you would do a round head one like your last few. He is so sweet though, I just love lambs. Have a wonderful Easter .

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carolyn,
      Lol-you knew exactly what was on my mind. I will have to try and make a round head lamb for Spring using the fun fur. That is a great idea! I love lambs, too. Have a wonderful night, Holly

      Delete
  11. Hello! I <3 your crafts and lovely pincushions. Their just so sweet!
    xoxo Carly new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carly, Thank you so much for checking out my little corner of craftiness. I do have a lot of fun! And thank you for your kind comments. Have a wonderful night, Holly

      Delete
  12. Hi Holly! You and are matched in E's Vintage swap. If you pop over and comment on my blog it falls into my gmail and then we can communicate 1:1. Looking forward to getting acquainted!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Easter parade is darling! Everyone looks so festive, happy and cute!

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I admired you lamb shaker at Imagimerri's and came snooping for more. Such great stuff! So glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.