Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pumpkin Shakers

Pumpkin Shakers, perfect for Fall! Don't they look  fun? A little shaker inside them really makes noise! A little bat has landed on one pumpkin, who looks really surprised and a tiny spider crawls on the side of pumpkin #2. The construction of the pumpkins are based off of Elizabeth's (Creative Breathing) universal pattern for her felt creations. I will have the pattern and instructions up and going tonight. DH will have to help me format the flash card that has the pattern scanned on it. I will go ahead and give you the tutorial for making crepe paper fringe. I had the hardest time figuring this out. As far as I can tell there are no tutorials on line on how to make crepe paper fringe. If you know of an easier way, please let me know :)




Crepe Paper Fringe Tutorial
1. Sew (six) 12 inch lengths of crepe paper down the middle. I use the 3.5 stitch setting on my machine. This keeps the paper from bunching up.
2. Now cut fringe in 1/8" increments, stopping about 1/4" from stitching. Do this all the way down the paper on both sides. I believe that if you use pinking shears to trim the straight edge away before you cut would make cute fringe. I can't wait to try this method on another project.

Have a wonderful day and I will be back later on with the shaker tutorial!
Happy Crafting!!,
Holly

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.