Friday, April 15, 2011

Hey There!


Hey! Thanks for stopping by today. I have been very busy this past week and a half. I made some Tooth Keepsake Clothespin Dolls for D#2's Preschool Bake/Craft Sale. It is tomorrow and the weather forecast looks terrible. 20 mph and up winds, lots of rain and thunderstorms, all of this before 2pm. I am not sure what they are going to do if that rain moves in. The whole town is involved with the yard sale. D#2's preschool is located in a tiny little town right in the middle of our big town. Just think of it like a little circle inside of a big circle, that's exactly what it is like. Son's Boy Scouts are also involve, but the leader just called and the Scouts are canceling theirs. They have it at another leader's house in this tiny little town. I will take pictures of this amazing little town and blog about it this summer. It is so adorable. The houses are amazing.

Above: I wanted to use a color other than pink, which I love or red, I also love. I thought that the colors on the fabric for the dress was so cute. I incorporated yellows and oranges onto the box. There is also red and aqua on her dress. Again I hand painted little teeth onto the top of the box.

Above: Little boy with red felt shirt and blue jean shorts.

Above: Bright colors, hand painted box and of course the doll is hand painted, also. The little tooth card comes with the doll. I wanted something that looked like a little book that a child might read. I think that it might be a little big.

Above: Sweet cat, Smokey, keeps me company while I work in my studio. He loves to knock over my paint brush water, chew on the brushes, eat my thread and drop things on the floor. But, he is a sweetie.

Above: Don't you just love this fabric. It is Bliss by Bonnie and Camile. I think that it is so fun! I am not sure what I am going to make, but it will have to be amazing, because this fabric is so cute!


Above: This fabric is for a secret project that I will share with everyone at the end of May.

Above: more secret project material.

Above: Fat quarters.
Have a wonderful rest of the day. Gotta go now and make a birthday card for my neighbor who is turning 80! Her party is in a couple of hours. She looks amazing and is still going full speed. I pray that I am like that when I am her age.
Holly


3 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics, they are always inspiring to look at and so fun to plan. I'm sure the tooth keepsakes will be a hit too! Smokey looks like a good companion for a quiet craft studio. Love you much sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis! Good to hear from you. We are in Alabama this week and are having fun but missing all of you. I love this fabric line too. It is very inspiring. Can't wait to make something with it. Went today to Timeless to look for vintage sheets, fabric and wooden spoons. Took D#2 so we were speed shopping. LOL Sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I could've been with y'all. I bet you will be making another trip to timeless! I really like that print with the squares and daisies. So many inspiring fabrics, so little time! Y'all have a great Easter in Alabama I know it will be fun! Love to all! E.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.