Thursday, January 27, 2011

Whoooo? Whoooo? It's owls, of course.....

Look at these adorable fabrics! The lady at the store said that the black owl print is their most popular, it flies off the shelves. I just happened to snatch 2 yards of it yesterday. It is going to be a birthday present for a child that D#2 is friends with. The party is tomorrow night. They didn't want you to bring any gifts, but of course I have to give something. I plan on making a pillowcase and a crochet cupcake and sneak it over to their house, ring doorbell and run!! Of course while they are not at home. I can't run that fast, but I do like to play ding-dong ditch.
Caaa--yoootttt



Above: I want to crochet a border, but not sure what color to use. Red would be very pretty, but might run in the wash, it's cotton yarn. White will show up-(the owl border is about 3 1/2" wide and the other wilder material is the body of the pillowcase)-but not as pretty as the red. I do have yellow, but the yarn is a little wider and may not crochet as well. I'll just have to dig in and experiment.

Above: Just love these two materials and thought that I would share a picture of them.

This is a present for someone's birthday. Hint: their birthday falls on Groundhogs Day this year.
Have a great and crafty day,
Holly

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh ooohh Punxitawny Phil is gonna be one happy ground hog...I'll be sure to tell him to check out your blog!!! So excited! (high pitched squeal)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.