Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still here..?...


Just poppin' in to say "hello". I can't believe how long it has been since I blogged. Last week we were snowed/iced in for almost the entire week. The kids only went to school on Friday and that was a 2 hour delay. Been working hard on some Etsy stuff. I know, I keep saying that I am going to post some things on Etsy, but haven't. So sorry. I wanted to get a small inventory together and not just put some random stuff on there. I can't wait to blog about what I am putting on there. Here's a few pictures that I thought that I would share. Trying to test out my new photo tent. Must spend some more time messing with it. The lighting should be brighter.

My vintage tomato pin cushions. Just love them!


Close up. That's my thimble, I have taught myself how to use it, but I am still trying to master it. The thimble is such a useful and tiny little tool. Kind of a lost art. Not many people that I know use one. I have found some on the internet that are just beautiful. Silver thimbles= beautiful little works of art.

 This is a sweet little sewing basket that I found on one of my antiquing adventures. It was only $8 and I can't imagine how old it is. The little thimble basket, notion basket,  and scissors basket were still intact. The pincushion still had old pins in it. It is so cute, I can just picture a mother storing all of her sewing supplies in there and darning the children's socks and sewing patches on their clothes at night after the children had all gone to bed.


Close up of the inside of the basket.


The little needle threader was a freebe that I found in the bottom of the basket.

Scissors keep.


Sewing basket with the lid on.

Little doll I plan on listing in the Etsy store.

Have a great rest of the week and hopefully I will be back soon with my Etsy listings :)
Holly

2 comments:

  1. SO cute and I think the light tent is great. Both baskets are cute and the antique one is fascinating. The doll is adorable!!! Of Course! Can't wait to see your etsy shop! Oh and post more, post more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elizabeth,
    Thanks so much for your enthusiam! It makes me want to post everyday!! I can't wait to show you the inside of the doll. I am calling her a Sewing Doll. She will keep all of your sewing stuff handy and in one spot. I had made one over 10 years ago and redesigned the doll to better fit a sewer's needs. Hopefully I will get it posted on blog today. Etsy is taking me a longggg time to get everything just right :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.