Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pillow Fun!

Hello again! Seems so long since I posted. Even though my blog has been quiet, I have been busy, busy, busy. Son graduated and we had his party, grandparents came and then left (we had a blast with all of them!!) D#1 had her wisdom teeth removed and I have been making pillows for the future kitchen window seat. Right now we are using our antique church pew as the window seat. The first pillow that I made was a Dresdan plate pillow with pompom fringe. 
Arranging the spokes to see what works. This is Lori Holt's Bake Sale line. The pillows will match my placemats-placemat tutorial on previous post.

I didn't handstitch the plate on, I used the sewing machine b/c I know that these pillows will get a lot of abuse.

This is a pattern by Lori Holt. It is the Sew Hexie Pillow pattern. The hexies are all handstitched and handstitched on. This pillow is really hands on and takes a little longer than the Dresdan plate pillow, but it is sooooo worth it!!


Look how wonderfully it blends in with vintage kitchen stuff!

This one too!

I used Bake Sale fabric! I know it's had to tell on these little hexies but the center hexagon is cut out  of the fabric with the recipes on it. Sew cute!!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend,
Holly

5 comments:

  1. That line of fabric is to die for ... love all Lori's prints ... your pillows turned out really nice the pom pom trim is just the cats meow ! E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Holly, those are gorgeous, I just love the happy colors. I'm sure that hexi pillow was a breeze for you......wow.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - what attention to detail! Those pillows are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pillows,beautiful sewing! I can picture them in a window seat with lovely vintage kitchen goodies!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Holly! Those are both sooo cute!! I just love the colors and the cute pom poms on the sides! GORGEOUS!!! :) Hope you have a wonderful day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.