Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July!!

Today we are just hanging around the house. Sometimes it is so nice to have nothing to do. We plan on grilling tonight and watching the neighbor's fireworks. I did get some sparklers for the kids. I just love sparklers!! Here's the promised pasta recipe. Everyone gave it a thumbs up.

Rotisserie Chicken Pasta Salad
A Rotisserie Chicken at the market
A can of artichoke hearts
Grape tomatoes
Whole grain pasta
Greek Olives (pitted)
Red Onion
Salt and Pepper
Mayo
Italian Dressing
Cook your pasta – al dente.  Shread your chicken.  Cut the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces from what they come in the jar or can.  Slice the Red Onion.  Cut olives in half (remember no seeds)   Mix all ingredients.  For the big bowl, I added two heaping tablespoons of mayo and about 1/4 cup of italian dressing.  Mix.  Chill.  (recipe from Stories from My Day blog)

Have a wonderful 4th!!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.