Friday, October 15, 2010

Just Another Fallish Day

Wow! Didn't mean to be gone so long. Fall is coming and we are seeing the signs. It's getting cooler here in North Carolina and the leaves are changing color and falling off the trees. We have been very busy around these parts. We have had birthday parties, football games, fall festivals, and lots of other fun busy stuff. I have still been crocheting and find it very relaxing. I made this cute little guy for D2, actually it was for my niece's birthday, but D2 fell in love with it. He is a bear pattern that I turned into a kitty cat. The pumpkin was an apple pattern, I just changed the color of the yarn and added a stem. The patterns are from a book called Amigurumi World by Ana Paula Rimoli. On her blog, she even has some free patterns.
Such a cute little guy. You can't see it, but he has a tail.

He really does fit into the pumpkin, you just kind of have to stuff him.

See, I told you he fits.
This is some seriously wonderful caramel dip. I love it with these fresh mountain apples. It is very buttery and creamy.


Sad to say, but it is not my recipe. I borrowed it from another blog. Try it, you won't be disappointed. It is rather rich, so do use some restraint when eating.
Caramel dip
1 bag Kraft Caramels (unwrapped-yeah, I know....you do have to unwrap all of them)
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (my personal fav)
1 stick of real butter-no fake stuff here

Add everything to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes,stir about 1 minute. Microwave for 1 more minute and stir again for 1 minute. Do not microwave anymore, even if caramels are not all melted. Just leave it on the counter for a little while and keep coming back and stirring it. Even if caramels don't all melt, the dip is out of this world! Store left overs in the refrigerator. To reheat, just scoop some out into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 20-30 seconds.

That's all for tonight. I promise that I will be back soon with the promised recipes from last post. And i will show you what I made for my 2 year old niece. Of course after she has opened her package. And to let you know what a forgetful Aunt I am, I forgot, well not actually forgot, just misdated my sweet nephew's birthday. For some reason I always think that it is in October, when actually it is in September. Since I am coming clean, I owe my other nieces a big apology. I  completely forgot their birthdays this year, yeah, I said year, the whole year. What's wrong with me? Maybe it is the getting older thing, yeah....I will blame it that. Sorry nieces. Your presents are in the mail.
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.