Saturday, October 2, 2010

Getting ready for Fall--Bake Sale!

Thursday I spent the day baking for D2's preschool bake sale. Now that Fall is in the air, I was ready to start baking something made with pumpkin. So I made Grandma's Pumpkin Spice Cake. It was sooo delicious. Of course I had to have a little bite. This past week I crocheted a patch of pumpkins to go on top of the cakes for a little extra oomph. Not really a patch, more like 4, but they turned out so cute. I am just learning how to crochet and this project was perfect. They were so little I could actually finish one in a day!

I also made Hershey Bar Pie and After the Hayride Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cake. I'll share those recipes in the next couple of days, along with pictures too.



Sorry, this picture was before I frosted the cake.


Grandma's Pumpkin Spice Cake
1 pkg. spice cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 sm. can pumpkin (I believe it was the 15oz can)
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp water (yes, that's right, 1/2 tsp.)
1/2 cup nuts (I used pecans)

Combine all but nuts and mix well. Add nuts. Bake in well greased and floured bundt pan
at 350* for 40-45 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes before removing from pan. Frost cooled
cake.

Lip Smacking Cream Cheese Frosting
3 oz cream cheese-room temperature
3/4 cup soft butter
1 tsp vanilla
2  1/2 cup powdered sugar

Beat well.



Cute little pumpkins.

 
Here are the 4 half cakes. For the bake sale, they wanted us to cut the cakes into large chunks. They tend to sell better that way.

Have an AWESOME Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.