Sunday, January 11, 2015

Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

Went fabric shopping this weekend at a store that boasts they have over 300,000 sq ft of floor space and it is filled to the brim with fabric and sewing notions. We bought lots of fur for the pencils and I found a few little gems. Lori Holt fabric. The first 8 fabrics are from her Vintage Fabric collection and the clock fabric is from her Gracie Girl collection. The rest of the fabric are fat quarters from Joann's. I believe that I am going to join in on Lori's new quilt along on her blog. And no.....I haven't finished my last quilt along but that is on my New Year's resolution bucket list:
**finish Barn Along quilt!



Starting the Bunny Hill snowman.

Wings are finished.

Snowman is now in the process of being appliqued. I am using the needle turning technique. I like this technique. I believe it give a more hand stitched look to the applique. What's your favorite way to applique? 
Adorable fabric on clearance at Joann's. I believe that the fabric is 75% off. I can't remember. 

Have a wonderful night and what projects do you have planned for 2015?
Holly



5 comments:

  1. It's always fun to see what you are up to. I find lots of inspiration here! Have a great week Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like quite the place! Love your creative style! I love to applique. Did my first piece using needle turn, but felt It was so imperfect. I now do the freezer paper method. I look at that first quilt and I still really enjoy it and realize that if I had kept with needle turn that I would have gotten better. Hopped over from Paintin Patti's.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of projects planned for 2015, one is to finish my retroquilt. I also have a big Norwegian knitted Jacket to finish. Love that bowl of pretty fabric!! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Christmas fabric is adorable! My craft room counter is filled with all sorts of Valentine goodies right now. Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty new fabrics!! Those Christmas ones are so adorable and a great price too!! Can't wait to see your snowman! :) Happy new week to you! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.