Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer! Where Have You Gone?

Summer has been a blast this year! We have had so much fun just doing normal stuff. And I can't believe that in a week D#2 starts school, D#1 moves back to college, Son starts college. Where did Summer go? 
D#2 wanted to learn to sew this summer. We borrowed a doll clothes pattern from a neighbor and used some left over material to make the cutest clothes. I taught her how to read the pattern instructions, lay & pin the pattern on the fabric, cut it out and sew.
 I believe in all it took us about 7 hours from start to finish. It is an easy pattern. This was her first time sewing and she did really well. She wasn't afraid of the machine, didn't get impatient reading the instructions and stitched real slow (which I stressed constantly, no speed sewing allowed). We made the orange top and grayish pants. That was outfit "B".

She loved sewing!

The completed outfit! We are going to make kid size pj bottoms next. That should be a lot easier. Nothing but straight stitching. 

Molly all glammed up and standing on her own. D#2 said "Mom, she can stand by herself! Put a picture of that on your blog!" :) It's the little things.

Happy sewing!
Holly

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! GRD #3 is a precious child and so cute in her desire to learn new things. Sewing at 8 years old is amazing. But this is the child that oilcloth whistle at 1 yr, read at 5 etc. etc. tell her I said she is smart and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stupid iPad autocorrected the word "could"to oilcloth! Fotfl! Lee had a good laugh when I told him. Anyway, great job on the doll outfit, special girl. Love , Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest just loved her American girl doll and I was blessed to have a mother who made her special clothes. My 8 year old isn't interested at all. What a special time for you to have with your daughter . Summer has indeed flown by. I'm in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing this in person! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.