Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cutest Blocks Around

Oh my! Are these not the cutest blocks around? I am going to love this quilt! I can't believe how easy the block are and how quickly they sew up.
This is the second block that I constructed. 

The little squares are only 1". Can you see the crows on the roof? Lol-that was some black crow Halloween material that I was hoarding saving for just the right project. And what goes better on a farm than pesky crows trying to eat the corn?!

Look at the fabric on the cupolas. That fussy cutting was pure luck some expert quilting. I really didn't notice it until I was looking at my pictures to post.  



I still can't believe that Lori is offering this pattern for free on her blog. It is so adorable. I wish that I had some horse or cow fabric to use as the barn door. That would be cute. But I keep reminding myself I am just using what I have on hand, that in it's self is a challenge. This quilt makes me want to go out and buy more fabric :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful and blessed day,
Holly 

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love your barn blocks!!! This will be such a lovely quilt when you are done!! :) So pretty! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making them too! Love yours. I have some extra cows/horses/chickens I could send you if you want to do a little scrappy swap? Email me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are adorable!! I look forward to making some of my own! Have a lovely day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I jut love these blocks!!! We moved to the country this year, and I would just love to make something like this. 4 more weeks till summer break - and then, I just have to make up my mind what craft project I will start with! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very cute. I can see so many combo's for this pattern, I know you can, too.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your barns are so cute. These barns are so much fun. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments. I was trying to follow your blog but I am already a follower. So I will follow you on bloglovin so when you post I can see it, I love all your creations. They are so stinkin cute. Hope you are having a great weekend my dear.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.