Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lost: Crafty Little Spark

I am not sure if you have noticed, but I took a short break from blogging. I had lost my crafty little spark. It was gone......gone I am sad to say. I was all crafted out. With April, May and June not really having a "Holiday", I was lost as to what I should do/make. Inspiration nowhere to be found. What to do!?!? I would just have to take a break. Well, my yard really enjoyed this break. It was sadly neglected last summer for it was too hot to do anything outside. Spring is perfect for yard work. DH and I started on a Japanese garden last summer and with HOA approvals taking up to 6 weeks, you have to plan early. I didn't plan early and we probably started in June. It got hot really quick. It is so pleasant now. We worked on the Japanese style bridge this past weekend and hopefully can put a goldfish pond in next weekend. I will take pictures once we have finished the yard. DH was able to rake about 30 bags of leaves last week and Son took them around to the front yard for Yard Waste pickup this morning. I pulled weeds and mulched the flowerbeds. Fresh mulch makes your yard looks so wonderful!

Well, working out in the yard got my crafty back on. I found this little baby bunny in the yard (actually I think it is an adult, but it is so tiny and cute) and boy was she fast! All I could think about was "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!". She inspired me to make some little characters (sorry....no, not Alice in Wonderland characters-but they are on the craft bucket list). Different from my usual. I can't wait to show you. I am thinking about offering up some for sale because I know that many of you don't hand sew or machine sew. Several of you have emailed me about offering my felties, etc for sale on my blog and suggested that I use the Elizabeth (Creative Breathing) system- you send me an email and let me know which one that you would like, mail me the check and when I receive the check, I mail you the package. Easy. You don't need a paypal account or an Etsy account. I should be finished with new characters in about a week, but hopefully I will blog before that, about something.....like maybe the goldfish pond? Poor hubby was      "stove up" after raking, I can't imagine what he will be like after digging.

Here is a little teaser:

drawing and erasing


sewing and cutting


picking and choosing

mixing and matching


I hope that each and every one of you has a wonderful day and try not to lose that crafty little spark that lives in each and every one of us!
Holly


12 comments:

  1. Well, I can't wait to see! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    I think everybody gets there this time of year...I know I have, just a bit of burnout....I can't wait to see what you are cooking up...
    This is the perfect time of year in AZ for gardening...another month or so and it will be too hot...so I wish I could do more, but with having to watch my pup and being inside always...it will have to wait until next year, although my roses are going nuts!

    Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Sandy, my roses are going crazy this year. We had a nice wet winter and everything is just looking glorious right now. I'm so excited to see what you're cookin' up (craftwise) as I'm getting ready for my "upcycled" light bulb doll class on the 27th. I can't imagine what got in my head that I should be teaching a hand sewing class....egads! I only have two sewing machines, so we'll have to do the doll body by hand.......I SEW wish you or E were here to help me with this one! I'm going to have the doll in different levels of completion so I don't actually have to sew the day of the event....it would take me too long, and my stitching is so ugly, but luckily it's back stitching and doesn't need to be perfect. I want so badly to do the kind of felt projects you and E do, but I'm just way past that time in my life. Where were you and E 30 years ago when I had the ability and needed inspiration????

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valentines and Easter so close probably wore you out. But don't stay away too long. You have too much talent and I would miss you. ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your new bunny.
    Chris =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it sounds like your "spark" has come back to life and you are busy once again. Can't wait to see what you've been working on.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew that spark wouldnt be gone long! Poor hubby I can just see him limping around the house, he he. Hope yall are good and send everyone my love, E

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you make!!! And what a very pretty stash you have!! :) Hope you have a great rest of the week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your crafty critter Holly! I'm glad we both have gotten our creative spark back. I always find inspiration when I visit here! Have fun1 e

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear sweet Holly, girlfriend you have been running full speed churning out the most darling creations, one after the other since Halloween....I guess you did need to stop and take a deep breath & a rest! Glad to hear you are feeling refreshed!
    Hugs....Patti M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing your latest creation! I agree with Sandy....I think we all hit a little wall! chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been overcast 60 of the last 95 days here and with April now being a record breaking snow fall, I SO get it! I have SAD, disorder that get me sad when there is not enough light to trigger endorphins. The overcast is getting me big time. The good news is my craft room is on the West side and I sit in the sun on the rare day it comes out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.