Saturday, August 11, 2012

Operation Organization: Part 2

Above: I love these glass canisters. I bought them from Walmart and spray painted the tops. The large tin can was spray painted too. It holds all of my pipe cleaners. Little jars are perfect for holding nails, tiny pom poms and other tiny stuff. I also spray painted the lids: yellow, red and aqua. The little pom pom birds hold a banner that reads "craft room". I got the instructions from Elizabeth at Creative Breathing. On the right, the sweet little planter was my Grandma Marcinak's, we called her Mama. It always was sitting on her front porch with a plant in it. The lamp needs a painting and the shade needs updating. A future project....

Above: My sewing area. The cabinet pulls were white, I painted them red. My sewing machines, computer and TV are over on this side of the room. I plan on redoing the table tops soon and make some table skirts.

Above: You can't really tell it, but I spray painted the spool holder yellow.

Above: My serger and daughter's sewing machine. Inspiration board needs some sprucing!

Above: Plain little bamboo cubbies that I painted. The white one looks crooked, but it's not, guess it's the angle of the camera.

Above: The Littles. I loved playing with these when I was little. Some of these I had as a child and some I have found in antique stores. Finally, a place to display them.

Above: I plan on painting this shelf later. Probably white.


Above: fun little shelves. This book shelf is by the window. Most of the crochet stuff I did.

Above: The geese were MaMa Marcinak's. She kept them on the dishwasher. I believe she kept a plant in them. Not sure. I will have to ask mom. Some Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books.



Above: My dollhouse. My dad made me this when I was 3 or 4. It is made out of an old Army trunk. It has been painted light green, pink, yellow and now white. It is a work in progress. I need to add some furniture and dolls. The furniture in the top left room were given to me be by one of my Grandmother Ashley's friends. There is a stove, sink and table. The have been traveling with me for 20 years and I have been very careful not to loose them. I have always appreciated the fine workmanship and details that went into these little pieces. I will have to get some closer pictures for you to show the detail.

Above: Yes, I do wear my slippers in the craft room. Keep my feet warm :)

Above: I would like to get some floor to ceiling shelves in this corner. The doorway is to the right of these book shelves.
Above: Here is how I like to organize my WIP (works in progress). Unused pizza boxes. Very inexpensive storage. I think 50 white pizza boxes was $15 or so. I bought them off ebay. Shipping was free. I love it!! So organized!!
Above: The yarn station. One of these days all of my skeins will become balls.
Thanks for stopping by and as I make improvements and change things around, I will post pics. Maybe, just maybe someday I will show you my closet :)
Holly

8 comments:

  1. Here you are Holly! I am so happy to know of your blog. It is absolutely charming, and what a talented artist you are. Your needle felted animals are wonderful! I am so very embarrassed to have asked you to swap an item with me as nothing I make is more than $17.00! Oh well, I am very happy to see you have an Etsy shop. I think I will have to have one of your thread keepers. They are so sweet! May I share your blog on mine? Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments! Your creations are priceless! I am so excited and happy that you want to do a swap. I would be honored if you shared my blog.
      Holly

      Delete
  2. Wow very impressed, love how organized everything is what a great creative space. I am your newest follower! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Diane,
      It is very much a work in progress :) I still have so much that I want to do, but I really enjoy working in here now. Thank you so much for following.
      Holly

      Delete
  3. Well, you are a woman after my own heart! Every little mustard, pimento, garlic (that wasn't the best idea because now my red buttons smell like garlic!) become craft storage at my house too! I'm the new Funny Face follower!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tammy, I absolutely love those little jars! Yes, my tiny pom poms smell a little like a pimento sandwich. But, who doesn't love pimento? It's amazing how long pickle smell lingers in a jar! Thank you so much for coming over and following :) I love your blog. I think that I have visited just about every blog Elizabeth has listed on her blog. Fun stuff!!

      Delete
  4. I love your craft room it is so adorable! I noticed on the little red shelf that there is a couple with a red heart between them. Did you make that? If not where did you buy it? I am totally in love with it. By the way did you get my message on etsy about you making me a pincushion? Thanks Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenn, Thank you! The craft room is now such a fun place to create. The couple with the heart is a piece created by Jenene Mortimer. Ebay has a good selection and Jenene actually sells some original pieces on etsy-very reasonably priced. I did purchase mine off of ebay. I haven't been able to find a store in my area that sells them. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting! Holly

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.