Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mangled Elfie

This weekend we moved D#1 back to college. She has an apartment on campus now and loves it. She will share the apartment with 3 other girls. Two of the girls she roomed with last year and they were real good friends before college. They are such sweet girls. They now have their own washer/dryer, stove, fridge/freezer, living room and finally their own bathroom. I will try to get her to post some pictures of it on her blog A Tale of Two Cities.
 
D#2 loves Christmas Elves. Loves them so much, in fact, she carried one around with her in her pocket last year. Of course I forgot to check her pockets when I washed her pants. This little Elf didn't fair so well. I believe he was stuffed with some sort of paper and the felt kind of disintegrated. D#2 was very sad. So, Elfie laid in my craft room for about 9 months. Finally I took pity on him and tackled this project.
 
Above: Sad Elfie with his tattered and mangled clothes, but he still has a smile on his face :)
 
 
 
 
Above: Elfie all decked out in his new get up! This project actually turned out better than I thought it would. I added pom poms and a pipe cleaner (as fake fur on his hat). Good as new!
 
 
 
Above: Little chick with real feather for a tail. I can't believe how sweet this turned out. I plan on making more soon. They do look sweet just by themselves. Kind of like an ornament. I need to make a red one for Christmas. Vintage pipe cleaners are turned into legs and feet. I need to get some vintage sheet music for hats. This music is just a black and white copy.
 
 
 
Above: Terrier planter. I thought he needed a little something extra. Gingham bow to the rescue.
I have joined flickr and plan on uploading a lot more pictures. My flickr name is pip141 (of course pip is our little dog). Hopefully I can figure out how to put a link to my flickr account on the sidebar of this blog and then you won't have to go to flickr and try to find me.
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend,
Holly
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh no Holly! I was this Elf all over your house at Christmastime. I am so glad you were able to rescue him. I am thanking you in three different places this evening to make sure you are properly receive my gratitude for sharing your wonderful art with me. I am sharing on my blog tonight. I hope you like your bluebird's new home. Thank you again! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth, Thank goodness this wasn't the Elf of the Chrismtas mischief. Poor washed out Elfie was a "helper" elf that Maddi loved to tote around.I was very humbled at the post you wrote. And I am very thankful that you asked me to swap. You are so talented. Your creations are just mind blowing and thank you so much for sharing them and providing patterns. I was a little embarrased to ask you to come over to my blog and see what your blog inspired. I thought when you saw what I had copied from your craft room you might get a little freaked out and think "blog stalker!". Hopefully I didn't portray myself as a blog stalker-lol. I must say, the little bluebird looks right at home in your craft room. Thank you and I will be posting about your wonderful circus in the next couple of days :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Holly,
    my name is Sandy and I have the blog 521 Lake Street, I just came over to say hello and welcome you to our wonderful community! I get to be # 10 to join your site! :) I just love the colors....Hope you can come by sometime and say hello, I am not blogging as of right now, I needed a break, but hope to be back soon! Again, nice to meet you! isn't Elizabeth just wonderful???? Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandy,
      Thank you so much for visiting my blog and saying "hello" and for the warm welcome! I have admired your blog for a while now and it is adorable. I can relate about taking a break, sometimes my blog gets neglected for long stretches at a time. Just so much going on. Your last post on screen doors slamming makes me want to change my plastic screen door with a wooden one :) It is very nice to meet you too and Elizabeth is just wonderful!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.