Monday, November 21, 2011

Frosty, The Wool Felted Snowman


Last week I took some time for myself. The past couple of weeks I had been preparing for a craft fair. It was sew, sew, sew.  And on top of that sew, sew, sew week, sweet baby girl got sick. So, when last week finally rolled around, I knew just what I wanted to make for myself. Look at that cootie patootie below...he just makes you feel happy! It is a felt snowman. Elizabeth, of Creative Breathing, designed him and even has the pattern on her blog! I have just recently discovered her blog and have enjoyed reading it so much. I plan on making a bunch of these for my home. The gingerbread man is adorable! He is next on my list.





Above: I love decorating with the scrabble tiles. Since D#2 is a beginner reader, she loves reading them and rearranging the tiles to make new words. I only have 4 trays, I need to get some more. I would love to spell out Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, etc. I also need some more tiles. I raided our Scrabble game and found out that Scrabble only has two "C"s. Who knew? I used all the "C"s in the Hot Cocoa sign.

Above: So, I came up with "Jingle". The little Santa boot is one that my mom made for me when I was little. It has my name written in gold on the heel. I am so glad she saved this for me. I just love it. It brings back so many happy childhood memories :) 

Above: Look at the sweet little angel. She is the one that my grandparents put on their Christmas every year. I just love it. If it is hard to see, just click on the picture and zoom it in. And yes, that is me in the photo trying my best to get away from Santa.

I would love to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and may God bless each and everyone of you,
Holly

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I think most of us who are older than 30 have those great pics with Santa. Back then the Santa's actually looked pretty authentic, don't you think?

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.