Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipes


Here's a few favorite recipes that are a must each Thanksgiving. The first one is a broccoli casserole given to me by my mother-in-law. Sorry there is not a picture of the finished casserole. I will take a picture of it on Thanksgiving day and post it.

Broccoli Casserole
2 pkgs frozen chopped broccoli
3 T. grated onion
1 c. mayo
1 can mushroom soup, condensed
2 eggs, beaten
1 c grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Topping:
1 roll of Ritz cracker
1/4 stick melted butter
Crush crackers and combine with melted butter. Can use more butter if needed.

Cook broccoli  as directed. Cool and drain. Combine all ingredients except for topping. Pour into greased casserole dish and top with crackers butter mixture. Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.


and


Corn Casserole
2 cans of Niblet corn, drained (Green Giant)
1/2 c cheese
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c onion chopped
1 can cream of celery soup
pinch of salt
Topping:
1 roll Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 to 1 stick butter, melted
Mix together and spread ontop of casserole

Put well drained corn into greased casserole dish. Mix other ingredients and spread over corn. Top with cracker mixture. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I treasure each and every one in my heart. I love reading them. Time often prevents me from responding to each comment but rest assured they are very precious to me.